Adjusting Call Routing Profiles provides the ability to change values and settings that were originally applied to the Call Routing Profile. This could include; a destination phone number, a voicemail email address or a custom announcement.
Call Routing adjustments can also include changing the order of each Call Control item. Call controls can be arranged in the list and are actioned from top item down to the bottom item.
- Login to the Call Control Portal.
- Select Call Routing Profiles from the left-hand menu.
- Hover over the relevant Call Routing Profile from the list and select Edit.
- Choose the relevant Call Control item from the list. e.g. Attempt Termination.
- Adjust the Call Control options as required e.g. Attempted Termination - adjust the destination number and change the Whisper audio file.
- Select Save to apply the changes to the Call Control.
- To reorder Call Control items, drag-and-drop the relevant Call Control item to a new position in the list as required.
Note: Call controls are actioned from top to bottom.
- Select Save to save all changes to the Call Routing Profile.
- To test the Call Routing adjustment has been applied correctly, call the Campaign Tracking Number linked to the Call Routing Profile to check the adjustments have been applied.
Examples of common adjustments to Call Routing include;
- Adjust destination phone number for a termination to assign a new number
- Enable Press to Accept to a termination number to provide audio indication to agents e.g “You have a call from your Call Control Service, please select 1 to accept the call”
- Enable Agent Whisper to a termination number to provide custom audio indication to agents e.g "Call for sales team” or “Platinum member calling”
- Update the Agent Whisper customer audio file
- Change a destination number or button assignment for a IVR option
- Change the Voicemail Greeting message with a custom audio file
- Update the email address for voicemail messages
- Change the Caller Announcement custom audio file e.g. " Welcome to business xyz, we value your call”
Caller ID Overstamping
- Enable CID Overstamping for inbound numbers to help identify the caller
- Change the CID number for a Call Routing Profile to a different number or choose a number from a different state