The Call Tracking Portal provides you with multiple methods of pushing calls into Adwords.
The most popular methods are;
- Google Analytics - Event Insertion Method
- Adwords - Direct Conversion Firing Method
If you find that your calls are not appearing in Adwords, try the steps below to rectify the issue:
Google Analytics Event Insertion Method
- Ensure that your website UA code is correct and that you have placed the UA code in the Campaign Pool configuration under the Website tab.
Note: We recommend enabling Offline Visitors for this setting.
- Ensure that Google Event Integration is enabled in your Tracking Pool configuration under the Website tab.
- Ensure that you are not testing from the same computer and phone over and over again. Our Call Tracking algorithm contains methods to ensure data accuracy and if it detects invalid activity your event may not be fired.
- Monitor 'real time' events and ensure that you see the event inserted in real time at the END of the call.
- For non-realtime events, remember that Google may take up to 24 hours to update reporting.
Refer to Google Analytics Event Insertion for detailed steps
Adwords Direct Conversion Firing Method
- Ensure that you have correctly entered your Conversion ID and Label.
Note: Use the Copy/Paste function to ensure no there are typos or spaces at the start or end of either the Conversion ID or the Label.
- Ensure that your test calls (or the specific calls you are looking for) have exceeded the time you set for Seconds before firing event.
- Make sure that you've allowed Google sufficient time to update the reports.
Note: This can take up to 24 hours some times.
Refer to Adwords Direct Conversion Firing for detailed steps
Always test from a different browser, IP address and phone when troubleshooting for the best results. It is important to mimic a real website visitors behaviour, and they wouldn't be clicking on multiple ads, visiting directly, doing organic searches from the same computer with the same IP address and calling in multiple times using the same phone number in a short period of time.