The Global Site Tag (Gtag) is a website based call tracking tagging feature that effectively measures conversions and replaces the Google Adwords (conversion.js) script.
With the Gtag feature, conversion tracking and remarketing functionalities are now combined into a single tag which will send data directly to Google Ads.
Once the Google Ads conversion has been set up , the global site tag will be available to use in the tracking portal.
Any event can be associated with an AdWords conversion action which is identified by a unique string which looks like:
- Login to the Call Control Portal.
- Select Campaigns from the left-hand menu.
- Select the relevant Campaign from the list.
- Choose the relevant Pool from the list.
- Go to the Website tab.
- Select the Gtag Call Tracking option.
- Enter one or more Gtag conversion strings (comma-separated) as available from the Google Adwords Conversions function.
- Select Save to apply the changes.
- To test the Global Site Tag has been applied correctly, visit the Campaign Website for the Tracking Number and monitor the conversion data in the Google Adwords Interface.
Note: Conversation tracking with Global Site Tag requires a Google Adwords account