Time of day Call Routing provides the ability to direct callers to appropriate teams at specific times of the day. This can include times such as Business Hours, After Hours and Special Event Hours.
A Call Routing Profile has a default set of call controls which cannot be assigned to time of day routing. Each Call Routing Profile can have multiple sub-profiles created that can be assigned to a Time Groups that will provided time of day routing.
- Login to the Call Control Portal.
- Select Call Routing Profiles from the left-hand menu.
- Hover over the relevant Call Routing Profile from the list and select Edit.
- Select Add Route Set and enter a name for the route set (ie Business Hours).
- Choose the new Route Set from the *Default drop down option.
- Choose the relevant Time Group from the Select Time Group list.
- Add Call Controls to the sub-profile as required (Refer to How to adjust Call Routing for more details)
- Select Save to save all changes to the Call Routing Profile.
- To test that time-of-day call routing has been applied correctly, call the Campaign Tracking Number linked to the Call Routing Profile at specific times to ensure the correct route is taken.