Providing callers with the ability to select a team or function of your business ensures that callers have some control over the call routing.
An IVR (Interactive Voice Response) provides this function and is provided as part of Call Routing. Once setup correctly, it allows the caller to input a number choice using the phone keypad to select one of the available options.
Before setting up an IVR in the Call Control Portal a few things have to be prepare first;
- Record or purchase an audio file with a recorded message that instruct the caller which options are available, for example "press 1 for the Sales Team, press 2 for the Accounts Team" (refer to How to create custom audio files for more details)
- Upload the recording to the Call Control Portal (refer to How to upload custom audio files for more details)
- Login to the Call Control Portal.
Select Call Routing Profiles from the left-hand menu.
- Hover over the relevant Call Routing Profile in the list then select Edit.
- Select the IVR Menu item from the Call Control Toolbox.
- Choose to add an IVR menu option.
- Enter a Destination number, Ring Duration (sec), and Button ID for the menu option.
For example 'Sales Team Phone Number, 30 secs, option 1
- Select the relevant custom audio file for the IVR menu voice message.
- Select Save to save all changes to the IVR Menu.
- Select Save to save all changes to the Call Routing Profile.
- To test the IVR menu, call the assigned Campaign Tracking Number linked to the Call Routing Profile and try each menu option to ensure that the setup works as expected.
Note: If you have any questions, contact our customer support teams for help.