Creating conversion goals in Google Analytics and Google Adwords
Custom Reporting in Google Analytics
- Login in to the Call Tracking Portal
- Select Campaigns from the left-hand menu
- Select Pool and select pool, enable ‘Google Analytics virtual page view tracking’;
- Then Log in to Google Analytics, and click the ‘Admin’ link at the top:
- Choose the Account and Property that you wish to create the goal for, and click ‘Goals’;
- Create a Goal and select Custom, then click Next Step;
- Set the Goal type to ‘Destination’ and the Goal Description to ‘Phone Call’ and click Next Step;
- In Step 3, set a destination that ‘Equals to’ and enter ‘/artemis/livecall’ (or what ever you set the virtual page view URL to in Call Tracking Portal)
- By clicking ‘Verify this Goal’ you’ll see the conversion percentage that this goal would have achieved based on data from the last 7 days.
Note: If you have only just enabled virtual page view, you may need to wait 24-48 hours for the data to be available in Google Analytics before this will register.
- Finally, Click ‘Create Goal’
To see the goals in Google Analytics reporting, click “Behavior -> Site Content -> All Pages”, and use the search box, do a search for /artemis/livecall
From the resulting table, you can select a “Secondary Dimension” and search for “Keyword” (for example) and see the keywords that were connected to your calls.